Anna from Annadotes sent me this award. Thank you! Anna is definitely my favorite blogger and it's nice of her to think my blog is great even though I am not very good at updating it.
So the rules are I have to tell you seven things about myself. And then I am supposed to pass this award on to 15 other bloggers. I know I'm not going to make it to 15. Maybe 3 or 5. We'll see.
1. I am pregnant with baby #8. I am pretty sure this is my last baby. Typing this sentence makes me really really really sad. I want more babies. I want infinity babies. But my body doesn't like being pregnant anymore and my wallet is beyond empty and my time is already stretched as thin as it can go. So I think I'm done. And I am going to savor every second of this baby's babyhood.
2. I have a really good memory for things that happened to me as a child. I can remember very minute details. To keep my memory good, I will go over events before I go to sleep and try to remember everything about it. Birthdays...my bedroom as a child...Chris' and my first date...conversations with my mom. I think I was blessed with this because there would be no one left to remind me of these things.
3. I really like to plan ahead for big events. Holidays, birthdays, parties...I like the details all ironed out and the supplies purchased well before the event is supposed to happen. And I really like to have parties. I'm always thinking of reasons to have a party. I wish my house was bigger so I could entertain more often. Chris, on the other hand, likes to plan the event the morning of the event. It drives me crazy. At this very moment our Thanksgiving plans are up in the air and it is making me nuts.
4. I appreciate how easy it is to communicate with other people in 2011. I love texting, email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I do not love talking on the phone. I also do not love it when people do not text back right away. It REALLY bugs me.
5. I really have no idea how much expensive things cost. I do most of my shopping at Salvation Army, Aldi and Walmart. This past weekend we went to Chicago and Chris and I went to the mall. I don't go to the mall ever except to play at the play area with the kids for playgroup. We went to the bathroom at Macy's and while Chris was in there I looked at the menswear. There was a tie for $185. It was the cheapest one I could find. Seriously? $185 for a piece of silk that goes around your neck. I wonder if I had money to burn would I spend that much for a tie. I don't know. I get mad when I have to pay full price at Target. It seems like a ripoff.
6. I will pay a lot for a really good meal. Thanks to Chris, I have been to some of the nicest restaurants in the country and I have developed a discriminating palate. Sometimes I wish I could go back to when I thought that eating out at Chili's was really something special.
7. If I had a million dollars, the first thing I would do was to buy two houses next to each other. One for me and one for Anna. And I would buy her a car.
Ok so I'm nominating Michelle at So Wonderful, So Marvelous. And Emily at The Emily Diaries. And Tiffany at The Wicked Washburns.