NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm sorry I farted into your purse


Last night Jodi took me to see "Baby Mama" staring Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. I am a very big Tina and Amy fan and wasn't disappointed by them in this movie. It was funny and full of memorable quotes that I will add to my long arsenal of movie quotage.

There is an interesting twist in the middle of the movie that made me really mad and uncomfortable. I don't love comedy movies with uncomfortable and interesting twists. If I want that kind of movie, I'll go see a drama. I do love dramas but I go see them for different reasons and in different moods than I go see comedies. I love movies that are happy all the way through and you know are going to end perfectly. It might be dumb or simple of me but I love the happy ending. I fast-forward through the middle of "13 Going on 30," through the sadness in "Return to Me," and the last part of "The Wedding Singer." I just want to see the happy!

Last week, Jodi and I watched "Dan I Real Life." I loved it, but when the uncomfortable twist happened, I turned to her and said, "If this doesn't turn out happy, I'm going to punch you in the face." I felt the same way about "Baby Mama" last night. Luckily, Jodi didn't get punched after either movie.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails