NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Friday, November 13, 2009

Second? Seventh.

You know how you get behind on your journal and when you finally go to write in it so much time has gone by and it feels overwhelming so you just write something dumb like, "A lot has happened. Life is good. More later." That's how I feel about this blog lately.

I keep sitting down to write a post and it feels like too much has happened and i can't write anything.

Here's a brief summary of the last few weeks of our life.

Halloween was fun. Kids looked cute and got lots of candy. Cam's costume was my fav. He was Mario.

Lucy turned 2. I love her and being her aunt and being able to live 4 minutes(if you get all green lights) from her. She is funny and amazing and beautiful and smart and wonderful. Just like her mom.



I have had positive parent teacher conferences for my children which makes me very happy.

The Steeler board voted almost unanimously to hold their games at Central Middle School next season which guarantees our boys of at least half their games on Saturday. This is a good thing. Some extremely nice things were said about our boys at the meeting. And Chris was mentioned too as doing good things. I like that we are well thought of.

I am pregnant with baby #7. This was not a total shock to me as in other pregnancies. A few weeks after Lizzie was born I had a feeling that our next child would come to our family sooner than later. In fact, I am kind of surprised that it took as long as it did. This baby will be born in June. My actual date is June 22. I am feeling very nauseated, which is unusual for me. I usually feel just mildly nauseated but this time it's really bad. I'm hoping that it passes quickly. Thankfully, my children and Chris are so wonderful and kind and helpful. Thank you to those of you who have given positive congratulations. To those of you who haven't, please refer here.
We are all happy and excited about the new addition of Lucky #7.

Chris went to Houston for a week and we missed him terribly. His boss and boss' wife came over for dinner and actually threw a football around with my kids inside the house. How do you tell your husband's boss no football inside? I just smiled.

Lizzie cut her first tooth! Hooray! It does not seem to be affecting her attitude at all. It looks adorable.

Life is good. More later.

8 comments:

Allison said...

Congrats!!! I really am excited for you. Hope you feel better soon :)

Anna said...

Lucy is so lucky to have such a wonderful aunt. Love the post title.

Stacie said...

Hooray! I'm happy you get to have another baby!! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Hang in there! Yeah for lucky #7!

P.S. Is the post title from Father of the Bride? It's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't quite place it....

Jennifer said...

Yes Father of the Bride. It was the door that he had to go down the hallway to use the bathroom. Seventh.

Angie said...

I loved this post and especially the other one from a few years ago that you linked to. You said it all. I'm so happy for you, I love big families. I wanted a few more myself but that isn't going to happen naturally...adoption is still an option. You remind me so much of my mom. She had 6 kids in 8 years and then miscarried a few times before she had to stop trying. Then she tried to adopt! When that didn't work out, she fostered. Some women were just meant to be mothers of big families because they are so awesome at it, and you are one of those. Congratulations, and I hope you feel better soon!

Carolyn said...

Congratulations! I am very happy for you. I did think I would go crazy a couple times with my 8, but they are our greatest treasure! There is nothing we've managed to amass that even comes close to being as important and lasting as our children.
And you have such fun and lovely ones!
Hope you feel better soon.

Lil said...

Congratulations!!! What a lucky child to be blessed to come into such a loving family. Hope you feel better soon.

Tiffany W. said...

Congrats... being pregnant is always exciting... no matter what number it is! :) Hope you are feeling better by now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails