1. I must purchase gifts for Genny to give to the children when they come to visit her in the hospital. In the past, the gifts have been Beanie Babies or Webkinz. I'm feeling a little silly giving a 14 and 12 year old stuffed animals. Yet this is just a small gesture. Nothing big. Any other ideas?
2. Anne of GG is off and running. I can't wait for book 6.
3. Baby girl clothes are washed and put away. So DONE!
4. I'm a few steps closer to new sandals. I'll keep you posted. I know you're waiting with baited breath.
I have entered the pregnancy phase best known as the "Anne of Green Gables" phase.
I have 27 days until my due date and there are certain things that must be done before I can deliver this baby.
1. I must have a new outfit to bring the baby home in. Each of my babies have been brought home in their own new outfit. I have looked and looked and looked for something that I love. Today I found something that I like alot. I was lucky enough to be the recipient of a Von Maur gift card and so I went there and found a little one piece pink flowery outfit. It's sweet and perfect for a tiny new baby girl. Poor Anna had to endure my indecisiveness. Thanks for sticking it out with me! Also while at the mall I looked for a new pair of sandals. Nothing is as comfortable as Crocs. Nothing is priced as cheap as Crocs. Anna's like, "So just wear your Crocs." But I feel like such a loser in them. I need new sandals that are wide, comfy, brown, cute and under $40. Dream on, right?
2. I must read the 7 books in the Anne of Green Gables series. I have done this with each baby previous. I don't know why I have to do it, I just do.
3. I must find a body wash fragrance that I like. For each baby, I took a different body wash with me to the hospital and felt so awesome after that first shower with fresh jammies and good smelling skin. For Emily, I had "Eternity," Christopher was "Cucumber Melon," Calvin was "Freesia," Spencer was "Lauren," Cameron was "Sweet Pea," and Lizzie was "Clean Cotton." Any time I smell these scents, I remember each child as a newborn. I have been looking online at Bath and Body Works scents. Bummer that you can't smell them through the computer. I was lucky enough to go to the store today and find out that I really like Butterfly Flower. Now I just have to buy it.
4. I must pack my bag for the hospital. I'd like a new pair of jammies for me but I think I will have to make do with an old pair.
5. I must have all baby clothes washed and put away.
6. I must bring in the cradle and put clean sheets and blankets in it.
7. I must buy newborn diapers and binkies.
So those are my priorities for the next 27 days. I know Chris is reading this and going, "What about the regular laundry and cleaning? And organizing the laundry room and garage? And your office closet?"
I still do as much of it as I can. After Anne is done. :)