NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I know I chatter on far too much... but if you only knew how many things I want to say and don't. Give me SOME credit.


I have entered the pregnancy phase best known as the "Anne of Green Gables" phase.

I have 27 days until my due date and there are certain things that must be done before I can deliver this baby.

1. I must have a new outfit to bring the baby home in. Each of my babies have been brought home in their own new outfit. I have looked and looked and looked for something that I love. Today I found something that I like alot. I was lucky enough to be the recipient of a Von Maur gift card and so I went there and found a little one piece pink flowery outfit. It's sweet and perfect for a tiny new baby girl. Poor Anna had to endure my indecisiveness. Thanks for sticking it out with me! Also while at the mall I looked for a new pair of sandals. Nothing is as comfortable as Crocs. Nothing is priced as cheap as Crocs. Anna's like, "So just wear your Crocs." But I feel like such a loser in them. I need new sandals that are wide, comfy, brown, cute and under $40. Dream on, right?

2. I must read the 7 books in the Anne of Green Gables series. I have done this with each baby previous. I don't know why I have to do it, I just do.

3. I must find a body wash fragrance that I like. For each baby, I took a different body wash with me to the hospital and felt so awesome after that first shower with fresh jammies and good smelling skin. For Emily, I had "Eternity," Christopher was "Cucumber Melon," Calvin was "Freesia," Spencer was "Lauren," Cameron was "Sweet Pea," and Lizzie was "Clean Cotton." Any time I smell these scents, I remember each child as a newborn. I have been looking online at Bath and Body Works scents. Bummer that you can't smell them through the computer. I was lucky enough to go to the store today and find out that I really like Butterfly Flower. Now I just have to buy it.

4. I must pack my bag for the hospital. I'd like a new pair of jammies for me but I think I will have to make do with an old pair.

5. I must have all baby clothes washed and put away.

6. I must bring in the cradle and put clean sheets and blankets in it.

7. I must buy newborn diapers and binkies.

So those are my priorities for the next 27 days. I know Chris is reading this and going, "What about the regular laundry and cleaning? And organizing the laundry room and garage? And your office closet?"

I still do as much of it as I can. After Anne is done. :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is an ambitious list! Here is what my list would read... eat bonbons, sleep, and relax.

I can't believe there are just that few days left before she is here!!

Lil said...

Wow! The nesting stage is upon you...that little girl could come at any time. I can't wait to see pictures of her in her cute new outfit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails