NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Well, I almost did once, and I blacked out. When I came to, the car was in a ditch, and the tank was full. I don’t know who did it.

I ran out of gas today.

I was running around so busy so early in the morning. Our power went out last night with the storm. We decided to go to sleep at Carol's even though I really didn't want to. It's such a hassle transporting the kids and making them sleep in a strange place and sleeping on the couch. I got a horrible nights sleep. I had to have Calvin at Smith by 7:40 so he could catch the bus to West for his orientation. When they say 7:40, they mean 7:40. We got there at 7:41 and watched the bus pull away. So I hurried him to West. I was supposed to meet Jodi at Einsteins for breakfast and because I didn't read her text close enough, I went to the wrong one. I knew I was on E but I thought maybe I had a few more miles.

At Hartsough, I felt the van tremble a little and sputter and then it died. I just couldn't believe it. Seriously, what I would like the car comanies to invent is a red light for gas. I have the yellow light. That means: get gas soon. The red light will mean: Lady, Get Gas NOW! I would really listen to the red light. Maybe.

So I walked back down Sheldon to the Speedway and bought a gas can and filled it. I started to walk back when Mari saw me and gave me a lift back to my car. A policeman showed up just as I did and helped me figure out the gas can. It was confusing. I filled up and made my way up to Einsteins. All before 8:30! What a fun morning!

Calvin got his classes for middle school. He's excited because he has a good friend in all of his core classes. I hope they don't get kicked out of 6th grade together. They can be pretty crazy. I wonder where Calvin gets that from...

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I am always running my gas tank to the bottom. I figure if you get it as low as possible then you have to go to the gas station less often. It is one of Scott's pet peeves. I loved the red light idea. It made me seriously laugh out loud. Thanks.

Anna said...

yeah, I would like a red light too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails