NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.

Tomorrow is my Sunday to teach Relief Society again. You may remember that my experience teaching last month was disappointing. I have been preparing and praying and preparing and praying a lot about the lesson these past weeks. Today I was reading in my mom's journal and this was an entry I came across:

Sunday April 12, 1987
Dear Diary,
I taught R.S. this morning. I feel I failed. My time ran out. I didn't feel the Spirit. I thought I was prepared but I was not. I need to be more prayerful when I teach. The next time I will do better. I helped Opal in the nursery for a little while. She is ready to be released from that calling.
Goodnight,
Gloria

This lifted my spirits today. I am almost the age she was when she wrote this. She was perfect by now and I am sure her lesson was great even though she felt it wasn't. She was too hard on herself. Just like me sometimes. I loved how she helped out in another calling that Sunday that wasn't hers. That was her...always turning the other cheek, going the second mile, giving the cloak and coat also.

I am going to leave the RS room tomorrow believing that I did a good job because I have prayed and prepared and done my best to deliver the words that the Lord wants the ladies in the Plymouth Ward to hear.

Thank you a million times, Mom, for faithfully writing in your journal!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

That's the spirit! You will do great! How wonderful that your mom wrote so faithfully in her journal.

Suzy said...

I love hearing things from your Mom's journal...it's like she knew what you (we) needed to hear. So cool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails