NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Saturday, May 3, 2008

"Donna Martin graduates! Donna Martin graduates!"

I had a hard time finally deciding on the title for this blog entry. If you haven't noticed by now, my entry titles are usually movie or tv quotes. Some of the contenders for this entry were:

"I got a D+! I'm gonna graduate! Give me five!"

"When I think about the future I..am..really...scared."

"It is with passion, courage of conviction, and strong sense of self that we take our next steps into the world, remembering that first impressions are not always correct. You must always have faith in people. And most importantly, you must always have faith in yourself."

I finally went with 90210 because I was such a HUGE fan of this show in high school and I would watch it and tape each episode for Anna to watch the next day. Looking back, 90210 probably wasn't the best or most appropriate show for a 10 year old to watch. But hey, she turned out ok so no harm done.

Today was Anna's college graduation. She graduated with high honors noted by asterisks and all kinds of letters next to her name on the program. As I watched her process out to "Pomp and Circumstance," tears rolled down my cheeks as I felt so proud of her and her accomplishments. I could feel our parents nearby and I know they are so proud of her too. I realized today that she is the first Ballard woman in our family to graduate from college. Whatever she decides to do next, whether it be more education or something else, I know she will succeed.

Three graduates: Dad, Anna and Mom


Getting her diploma


Look at you, Mrs. Big-time College Grad!!


Lucy loves Mama's new tassel.

At first I thought maybe this was Jennifer Granholm. She really looked like her from the back. Then I realized that the governor would probably not be seated in the audience but on the stage. Turned out not to be her.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails