NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Movie Review


I saw a movie today! This makes two movies for me in the last month. I think it's some kind of a record because I don't think I saw two movies last YEAR. Today my friend, Jodi, took me to see "Juno." We sat in the theater and laughed and laughed. It was a hilarious movie! This movie was about a 16 year old girl who gets pregnant and decides to give the baby up for adoption. The girl, Juno, was played by Ellen Page and she delivered some really great lines that I am hoping I can remember forever. Her delivery was completely deadpan. I completely enjoyed her performance and can't wait to see her in future movies. I also loved her boyfriend, Bleeker, played by Michael Cera, whom I adored in "Arrested Development." The story was great and I left feeling happy but the movie also made me think a bit about what I would do if my daughter were in that situation. I'm glad the ending was happy. My favorite kind of movie is one where I leave feeling happy. I would recommend this movie to most anyone over 16 with a bit of reservation. If you think it is a sin to eat chocolate than I don't think this is the movie for you; it has some irreverent moments. There is no sex at all, no violence, some foul language and some irreverence. I give this movie 2 thumbs up. Thank you, Jodi, for taking me and for sharing nachos with me. Sorry I spilled cheese on your shoes!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I've heard it was a good one. We'll have to check it out...sometime...I never go to movies either.

Related Posts with Thumbnails