NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Friday, July 18, 2008

Remember Me?


Have you seen this little tag going around on blogs? I've left comments on a few, so now I've got to do #2 on the list. So let's play:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

3. If you can't say anything nice, don't comment. If you do, I'll delete it OR point out what a jerk you are!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Oooh, fun game and I'm bored today, so I'm in!!

My memory of you (all 2 years of kind of knowing you) is this:

One of my first Sundays in RS, you were teaching a lesson about death and you claimed yourself "the death expert". I came to find out during the course of your lesson that you'd lost both of your parents and my heart immediately went out to you. You rocked that lesson, and you continued to rock every other lesson after that. You are such a good teacher. I also love your blog and have since found out so much more about you that makes me think you are one very cool lady who I'm glad to know.

Thanks Jen!

Sara said...

I am amazed that every time we got our little Toledo group together for play group at your house, you had dinner steaming, slow cooking, boiling or some other manner of being cooked while we visited. I am amazed at your multitasking skills and still think of that as I manage to fit dinner prep into our crazy days. I always feel better when dinner is cooking early, just like it was when we were at your house on Heatherdowns. You enjoy the process of your days, or so it seemed to me, and having everyone around you and being in the thick of it. That is a gift and I am praying and working on acquiring it. People are the most important, not tasks, and you've got it down pat! I also loved how you had baskets of apples and invited me over to make applesauce. I had never done that and was amazed that it was so easy for you. I ate applesauce frozen, warm and otherwise for quite some time after that day in your kitchen and have fond memories of just hanging out with you and letting the kids play. I also loved that on your birthday, you hosted a potluck lunch for all your friends and had a $1 white elephant gift exchange. Your handwritten recipe cards were a hot item. Somehow, I ended up with them, along with a crocheted pot holder. So thoughtful and personal--always giving of yourself, which means a lot. I love that about you. I don't blog -- yet -- maybe sometime soon after we move this month! Take care of your beautiful family and our best to Chris, too. (okay, that was more than one, but you deserve 50 great comments, so I indulged myself and added a couple more...)

Related Posts with Thumbnails