NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Saturday, July 5, 2008

We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

Happy Fourth of July!! And Happy Birthday to Spencer!! I think it is so cool that his birthday is July 4th. It almost wasn't. He was born at 11:36pm. I remember the nurse and midwife telling me to "PUSH!! Don't you want an Independence Day baby?" I pushed harder then to get my Independence baby and I was successful. Spencer is such a silly, sweet, cute, lovable boy and I just can't get enough of him. He is always grateful and has the best intentions. Spencer was born two days after my dad died and when I think of him (Spencer) I always feel blessed and comforted. During the funeral and all the stuff going on with losing my dad, I would hold my sweet baby and gently caress his tiny face and fingers and feel a solace that got me through a very difficult time. Spencer still offers me that comfort today by giving the best hugs and kisses and by trying hard to be so obedient and do the best he can to be a good boy. Spencer loves to learn new things at school and at church. His idol right now is his Primary teacher, Sis. Barfuss. Whenever anyone is doing something wrong at home, Spencer is quick to say "You aren't choosing the right. Sis. Barfuss says to choose the right." He is a good conscience for all of us.


Anna, Emily, Mom and Baby Spencer.


The Fourth of July is one of my very favorite holidays and I think this year's Fourth of July was my very favorite of all. We started our celebration on Thursday night at the Plymouth Township Fireworks Display at Plymouth Township Park. I love love love fireworks and was glad I didn't have to drive far to see them. We sat by the lake/pond at the park and watched a really nice display. The only thing missing was the music. The best fireworks I have ever seen are in Toledo where they do them over the water and put them to music. It is totally awesome! Lucy loved the fireworks and was so cute wrapped in her blanket watching. Cameron hated them! He didn't cry but he turned his face so he couldn't see them and repeated over and over, "Home, Mama. Home, Mama." Poor kid! This morning we got up at 6:15 so we could be at the Plymouth parade by 7:00. It is such a fun parade. My favorite part is clapping for the veterans as they go by. I always cry, partly because it reminds me of my dad who was a Vietnam Vet, and partly because I am so thankful for the service these men rendered for me. My least favorite part is this stupid guy that stands on a float and sings and thinks he is Frank Sinatra. He is ANNOYING! I think the Plymouth parade is great. I was going to take lots of pictures but unfortunately I forgot to put my flash card back in the camera and didn't realize it until I was already up there. Oh well. After the parade, we went home for a mini-nap and then we headed to Grammy and Grandpa's for swimming and Spencer's party. Anna, Tony, Marta and Lucy came and also Jeff, Jamie, Tyler and Morgan. We had fun swimming together, eating(the food was so yummy!), opening presents and having cake. After everyone left, we stayed and did some sparklers by the pool. It was great having Chris with us all day. He has been working so much lately and having him around for a whole day is such a gift. I loved it. Our celebration of the Fourth was perfect and I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Spencer and Morgan playing in the pool.


Cameron drinking Hawaiian Punch.

Where we pee at Grammy's house.

Cam and Lucy having fun.

I'm Five! I'm Five!


Grandpa and Morgan.


Happy Birthday, Dear Spencer!!


Morgan and Spencer




Morgan, Spencer, Tyler and Calvin




Birthday squeeze from Uncle Jeff.


Fun Sparklers!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails