NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Monday, March 16, 2009

Random Thoughts by Jennifer Vos

Yesterday we had a really great RS lesson and I learned something very important about myself: I am not a peacemaker. If you doubt this ask me about what happened when we moved my Dad's stuff after he died, or about what happened with an Institute class I tried to take in Ann Arbor, OR about a letter I wrote to a girl once who offended me that has since moved into the same ward that I live in and I like her very much now because she really is wonderful and I wish I could take it back OR about what happened when I didn't like the boys who took art at my high school. All of these instances are me not peacemaking. AND I COULD GO ON AND ON... So I'm setting a goal to be a peacemaker like Joseph Smith. If someone comes here to kill me, I'll shake their hands. Just smile and wave, boys, just smile and wave.

The only thing that keeps me from having baby number 7 right now is that I would be secretly branded a freak by the rest of the world. I would be one of those women who has babies just a year apart. Seriously the only thing.

Today at Aldi, Cameron was screaming because I would not buy him four Cars cars. It was a full-on tantrum. Anna was done bagging and she offered to carry him out with Lucy and get them loaded. Cam was holding a candy bar that I was allowing him to buy but hadn't been paid for yet. Anna took it from him and was going to toss it to me. She was at the front door and I was at the checker...maybe 20 feet? She tossed the KitKat and it hit a lady smack in the face and knocked her earring out. Anna felt terrible and I did too but inside I was laughing. What is wrong with me??

PS: The woman that the KitKat hit was really mean to the checker at Aldi so don't feel too badly for her.

I've been praying that I will love the kids that I teach in my SS class. Miracle of miracles, it's working. I'm starting to love them.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh! That is really funny- about the kit-kat. Poor Anna! I am not a peacemaker either. I need to work on that one. BTW- who cares what anyone else thinks, really? If you want that 7th baby, go for it! I think its wonderul.

AmyB said...

Your random thoughts are my favorite. Just thought you should know.

GramMO said...

Jennifer, I love you! I love your posts. I love your realness and your ability to share. The world needs more people who are real. Don't let the world dictate who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails