NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Monday, September 17, 2007

Prayer

Yesterdays Sunday School lesson was on prayer. I had four students in attendance although one laid behind the piano the entire class. I'm pretty sure he was there though. We talked about the steps of prayer and how each is important. We talked about how you can go to Heavenly Father with anything. Big things, little things...He wants to hear it all. They thought it was funny when we read the scripture in Alma about praying in your closets. We discussed how this meant to find a quiet, private place to converse. Several of them said they had prayed to ask for help with a problem but they didn't feel comfortable sharing it. That was ok with me...I'm just glad they pray! The lesson was a good reminder to me that I need to be more specific in my asking and also need to give time to Heavenly Father to respond. I left them with a challenge to improve their prayers this week. Next week we study the life of Harold B. Lee.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails