NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Twelve Years Ago...




Almost 12 years ago, I was thrown a baby shower for my first child. Hosted by my Aunt Tina, I remember it as being a wonderful event. But, the best part of the shower was that I got to sit by my dear sister for the whole thing. She gave Emily the most adorable dress. I remember feeling so overcome with emotion as I opened it. Here was my sister that I loved as a daughter, giving my daughter-to-be a gift. It was a perfect white dress with pink satin roses on it and Emily wore it on her first Sunday to church.

In a few weeks, I am throwing a baby shower for Anna and her baby daughter. I couldn't be more thrilled for her. I know that she is going to be such a wonderful mother. I am excited to share with her the indescribable emotions that come with being a mother for the first time. It has taken Anna and I years to get to where we see each other as equals and her becoming a mother feels like the final layer will be unwrapped and there we will be. Sisters, wives, mothers, friends forever.

2 comments:

Anna said...

you're the best. I love you.

Jiggy said...

Heya, just popping by to say hi. I think its awesome that a mother like yourself likes Harry Potter, Warcraft and other such things haha. I wish my mum was as cool, as it is, I've been ordered to create a blog for her - hence my making a practice blog to get the hang of things; still unsure of whether I like it or not.

How did you make your blog so pretty hahaha? Mine sucks.

Cheers.

p.s I cant really relate to the motherhood thing, hehe, but I salute the maturation of that relationship! Good luck with future endeavours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails