NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Monday, September 7, 2009

Hey dad! Maybe when I'm at school, I'll see a shark.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. It is going to be a bittersweet day. I am so ready to get the kiddos back into their routines and out of the bickering mode. I hate the bickering! But, I do love having them home with me. They are my favorites!

Today we went to our stake Labor Day picnic. It was super fun! The kids had a great time playing with friends and I had fun talking with people. I love our ward. After the church picnic, we went over to Grammy's for the last swim of the year with the family. We grilled out and the kids had fun visiting with their cousins.

Messy Cameron after the picnic


Emily and her friends


Happy Lizzie


We came home and had a special FHE with the theme of "Be Smart." In addition to this, we decided to give our children special family "callings." These are things that they are specially in charge of. Emily is our family music coordinator. Christopher is our FHE scheduler. Calvin is our family peacemaker. Spencer is our family scripture study supplier. Cameron and Lizzie are the family cuties. I think they magnify it really well!

Chris gave the children their Father's Blessings. They were so well suited to each child. I am so thankful for Chris and that he is a worthy priesthood holder. Our home is blessed because of him and his faithfulness. I remember the first blessing I ever heard him give. We were dating and he gave a blessing for the sick to a sister missionary in our ward that I was friends with. I was amazed by the way he spoke; it wasn't his usual way. I just knew the Lord was speaking through him. BTW, if anyone knows a Marci Nielsen from somewhere in Utah, let me know. We totally lost touch.

Tomorrow is going to come early. Emily is taking Chinese and has to be to the high school by 7:12. Holy freak, that's early! Christopher doesn't have to be to the bus until 7:30. The rest get on the bus at 8:20. My day's of sleeping in are gone with the wind. Even so, I think we are going to have a good year.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails