NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Monday, March 10, 2008

I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.

We've had some fun happenings in our family over the past several days. Christopher's scout troop held their annual Blue and Gold Banquet. The theme was "Chinese New Year." We ate some rice Chinese food and watched the boys display some of their more interesting projects. Christopher received his Bear badge and moved up to the Webelos level. Way to go, CV!




On Saturday, we celebrated Emily's 12th birthday with family and friends. We had a fun pizza party at Cici's pizza. It was a great time eating pizza together, laughing and opening some neat presents. Emily's cousin, Morgan, even made her a bracelet all by herself. Saturday night, Anna, Tony, Lucy, Jodi, Aaron, Jamison and Gavin came over to celebrate. We had fun snacks and played Apples to Apples. Emily was allowed to play with the adults for the first time and she enjoyed it. We learned that Jodi's very favorite swear word is "groin." As usual, we had a hilarious time.
Emily and her friend, Taylor


Emily loving the bracelet that Morgan made her.


Cameron, Cici's #1 Fan!


Aunt Jamie, Emily and Morgan


Cameron and Tyler
That's not Anna and Tony! Everyone wants to hold Little Lucy!


I've had several inquiries as to the baby countdown posted on my blog this weekend. Yes, I am expecting baby #6 due September 20. It sounds really stupid to say we were surprised by the news of this newest Vos. But we were. I guess when items are 99.9% effective, you have to remember the .1% non-effective chance is still out there. "So you're telling me there's a chance." Even though we were surprised, we couldn't be happier to have a new child to love. I have been feeling various levels of nausea and exhausted various levels of tiredness over the last few months. I have been to my midwife and everything looks great. I even got a picture of the baby, which looks a lot like a Sour Patch Kid. I am affectionately calling it, "SPK." I am looking forward to finding out if we are having a Mitchell or an Elizabeth (Lizzie). The children were all thrilled to find out they will be welcoming a new sibling. Emily is keeping all appendages crossed in hopes of a sister. Christopher shed tears at the news and gave me the biggest hug ever. Calvin and Spencer jumped around and yelled. Cameron is pretty much oblivious. This baby is going to be very much loved.

We're hoping it's lime!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails