NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Friday, March 28, 2008

This? This is a fish. This is a fish! You know what? Just shut up.



I love yogurt. It is one of my favorite foods. Growing up we ate yogurt all the time. My mom had a yogurt maker that made little cups of yogurt. We ate it often as dessert with different fruit toppings like strawberry, pineapple and rhubarb. I loved it! I also loved Dannon Fruit on the Bottom. My favorite flavor was boysenberry. I would eat all the plain yogurt off the top and then have two or three spoon fulls of sweet berries. So yummy!!

About 10 years ago, I had a love affair with the Dannon Double Delights. Oh my gosh, so good!! The Bavarian Raspberry Creme was my favorite along with some kind of Lemon Meringue. I can't remember the exact name. I loved these Double Delights more than any dessert. They were my absolute favorite. And then for some reason they discontinued them. Who knows why? Probably to replace them with some low-fat, activa frusion crap. The Double Delights were not low-fat but they weren't horrible for you. Can't they leave some unhealthy yogurt out there for those of us who want to eat food that actually tastes good?

Well, I survived the loss of my Double Delights only because I still had the Boysenberry Fruit on the Bottom and the Lemon Supreme Yoplait Thick and Creamy. My fridge used to be stocked with yogurt all the time but with money tight and kids who devour food faster than I can buy it, yogurt is a big treat. So I go to the store this week to get a few things and I linger past the yogurt section. I looked at all the various kinds of yogurt that are out there now, tons of crazy smoothies and cremes and digestion aiders. There are hardly any Fruit on the Bottoms stocked. I find them in the midst of all of the light and fit and what am I to discover? There is no boysenberry. There is not even a spot for boysenberry. I was so disappointed. Here I was going to spring for a little cup of yogurt as a treat, (it was even on sale) and my favorite flavor isn't available anymore. Sadly, I bought raspberry and enjoyed it but not as much as boysenberry.


I looked on Dannon's website and found that they claim to still produce the boysenberry flavor. I am going to have to write a letter to my grocery store and ask them to bring back boysenberry so that I can buy it from them once a year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're only going to buy boysenberry yogurt once a year, they're not going to bring it back. Maybe if you bought a lot of something all the time, it would not go away?

Related Posts with Thumbnails