Stealing this post idea from Suzy and Mark.
Five things I'm not so good at:
1. Cartwheels and anything gymnastic related. I could never ever do a cartwheel. Even when I was young and in shape. I could never extend my legs right and I didn't go all the way around. I remember dreading the gymnastics unit in gym class. I STUNK at it and Mrs. Duschel, the world's worst gym teacher, made me feel like crap every time I tried anything.
2. Being organized and keeping track of stuff. I really don't feel like elaborating. It makes me feel too stressed. You get the idea from the topic.
3. Hiding my feelings. Chris says I wear them on my sleeve. I try and try to hide when I am angry or disappointed or crabby but I just can't.
4. Playing Scrabble. I love love love to play, but I really stink at it. You should see my Scrabulous score on Facebook. It is pathetic.
5. Taking pictures. I love to take them but they always turn out stupid. I don't know anything about isos, micros, flashes, settings, speeds, lenses, etc... I am glad that with a digital camera, I can take hundreds of pictures in the hopes of getting one or two good ones.
Five things I'm Good At:
1. Public Speaking. I like doing it. I like preparing talks, lessons, sharing time, etc... and delivering them. I don't know that I'm really great at it, I just really like the process.
2. Spoiling people and spending money. When financial circumstances permit, I am not a penny-pincher. I am happiest shopping for something that will make someone very happy. I am good at choosing clothes, gifts, food that is going to really delight. I don't mind going over the top to really impress and make someone feel really great. These past few years, I have had to really learn to curb this instinct.
3. Writing in my journal. I have been doing this since I was very young and have many volumes recorded of my life. Some of them are wonderful to read (early motherhood years). Some of them should be burned (junior high).
4. Loving my children. I'm good at it. I love being with them. Love taking care of them. Love snuggling with them in the morning. Love cooking for them. Love helping them. Love teaching them. I think they feel good in our home. I'm good at nurturing them and building them up. I hope they turn out better for my efforts.
5. Making appetizers. "A word about Mrs. Flax and food: the word is "hors d'oeurves." Fun Finger Foods is her main source book and it's all the woman cooks." I love making appetizers and I wish that it was all we ate.
I really needed it.
22 hours ago