NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wilt thou give me a lock of thy jet-black tresses?



I have a favorite bush in my yard. It is in the back corner of our yard. I chose the spot for it because every morning I can look out of the window and I can see it. I love the bush on so many levels. First of all, I love it because it is a Lilac and I love Lilacs. They look beautiful and they smell beautiful. They are my very favorite. I love to bring in a whole bundle of blooms and put them in a vase or pitcher and set them out. Pretty soon the whole room smells like Lilac. Second of all, I love it because my sweet friend Jodi gave it to me. She gave it to me last year and her husband even came over and planted it for me. It was a very thoughtful and inspired gift for her to give. Which leads to the third reason why I love it: She gave it to me on the anniversary of my mom's death. That day is my most hated day and she knows that and she wanted me to know that she cares. It really means so much to me that she cares about me so deeply. Every day since last August, I have looked out the window at that bush which represents to me that I am loved by a dear friend and that my mom is always close by. Since the weather has warmed, I've been going out every day to look at it and see the leaves that are growing and the buds that are forming. I can't wait to see its blooms and smell the fragrance. It makes me feel so loved.

This picture doesn't really do it justice.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails