NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

In Christ shall all be made alive

Today I went to the funeral for Daniel Sorensen. He was brutally murdered in nearby Canton by two teenagers who thought it would be a fun thing to do and did it for the thrill. I didn't know Daniel but I went to the funeral to support my friend, Jodi, who knew him very well. At first, I thought it would be strange to go to a funeral for someone I didn't know. However, I am so glad that I went.

The news surrounding this case has been focusing on the horrible circumstances in which he died and on some of the mistakes that Daniel made in his life. One mistake has been misrepresented as being something much more sinister that it really was. I feel bad for Daniel's family left on this earth to pick up the pieces of their lives without their son, who's reputation is being besmirched by the media.

What I took away from the funeral was that no matter who we are and what we do, we will always be children of our Heavenly Father. And because of our elder brother and savior, Jesus Christ, we will all be resurrected. I am thankful for the suffering that He did in the Garden so that I can repent of the mistakes that I make in this life as I try to follow Him. I was touched by President Dunnigan's talk as he reminded me of this important principle. I know that Daniel, no matter what horrendous acts were committed against him in this life, now knows the peace only found through the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails