NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Monday, November 12, 2007

Weekly Top Five 11/13/2007

Top Five Best Days of My Childhood

1. The day I arrived at my house after leaving BYU to come back to Ohio. It was December 19, 1993. I ran into the house and didn't want to ever stop hugging my dad and Anna. Why did I ever leave in the first place?

2. My first day of high school, August 24, 1989. Even though I had a few unpleasantries that day, (didn't wear enough deodorant and went to the wrong class once) I floated through the day and flew home. My mom came home from the hospital after being there for 3 months. It was wonderful to come in the front door and see her smiling face home again.

3. June 2, 1983, Anna came home from the hospital. It started out not so great. We had to drive her home from Ann Arbor to Toledo in our Chevette, that didn't have air conditioning, with the windows up. I don't know if we thought the wind would catch her breath or what. I remember being so hot and uncomfortable. But, when we arrived home and Mom took her inside and laid her on her bed, I remember feeling wonderful. I had a sister!

4. December 5, 1992, My dad came home from the hospital after being there for several months. I was so glad to have him home. That night was the annual Christmas Dance at my school and I got to go with Ephraim Washburn. I had a huge crush on him and was so excited that we were going to get to dance together. I'm not sure if I slept that night or not. I might have been too excited to close my eyes.

5. The day my pee-wee league baseball team won the championship. I was probably in 2nd or 3rd grade. I was not the best player on the team, but that day I hit a home run during the game and we won. It was exhilarating! I can remember my mom and dad on the sidelines jumping up and down and cheering for me. It was a great day.

1 comment:

Danette said...

I think I remember chatting with you about that dance you went to with Ephraim! How funny! It's great to read your blog-- what fabulous memories!

Related Posts with Thumbnails