NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

You could drape yourself in velvet...


I guess I have reached a new all-time fashion low for my life. I have given up on trying to have beautiful and fashionable feet. I have set a new goal for myself to wear Crocs footwear exclusively starting in 2008. I know that might seem like a rather drastic step to take but I think I can do it. Why? Basically, I hate all shoes. I wear them only because I have to. The first thing I do when I get inside is take off my shoes. I dread winter because you have to have shoes on outside. It's horrible. I don't have a closet full of shoes like most women. I don't have pumps and flats and stilettos in fourteen shades of red. I don't care for loafers or tennis shoes or mules or espadrilles. I like Crocs. They are wide and light and comfortable. Perfect for my feet, described lovingly by my husband as "Fred Flintstone Feet." You can imagine their shape from that description. I see women in pointy toed high heels and MY feet hurt just looking at them. For me, it's Crocs all the way. Here's my plan:

Cayman Crocs in Yellow



From late March through early November, I can get away with my regular Crocs. I do need them in yellow, however. My only trouble during these seasons is church. I can't wear my regular Crocs to church. I've done some research and found some ballet flats and mary janes by Crocs. I tried on the Prima, which are an adorable shoe, but my feet are too fat and they looked horrendous. I am currently searching for the Alice because I think they might be ok for my feet and perfect for church. So I've got over half the year covered.


The Prima flats did nothing for my feet, but the Alice mary janes might be just perfect!


For fall and winter, I could wear the Mammoth. I think the pink and white are adorable but the Michigan slush would soon turn the white to ugly. I'd probably go with black on black. I think the Troika would look good with pants and jeans.


Aren't the Mammoth so soft and inviting?


The versatile Troika

So I'm set for my Crocs-only footware diet. I think it can work. The only flaw in the plan might be weddings and funerals. Maybe Crocs will invent a shoe for those occasions as well. I know that if I were getting married today, I'd wear white Crocs under my dress. And I hope everyone will wear Crocs to my funeral. No pointy, uncomfortable, strappy, ballet flat, half-calf whatevers for me anymore! This is the year that I claim independence from uncomfortable footwear!

Some dressier options?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails