NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Mmm....Mmm Good!

Today at Spencer's preschool, the children made soup. Each child had to bring in a vegetable of their choice. We had several carrots, broccoli, potatoes, zucchini, corn, green beans, green and red pepper, celery and cauliflower. The children cut their vegetables and put them in Mrs. Lloyd's pot of broth. The soup cooked and simmered while they played. Their discussions around the cutting table were very interesting. I was privy to a very intimate conversation regarding the reality of the class puppet, Henrietta. Spencer was certain that she is a real live person and was confused when the other children said she is a puppet and Mrs. Lloyd talks for her. I still don't think he believes them. The children ate the soup together for snack with crackers and juice. Mrs. Lloyd and the moms present also ate the soup, which was very good. Spencer loved it and drank up the broth left in his bowl. Mrs. Lloyd let me take the leftover soup home which I did, however I did not put the lid on very tightly. I turned a corner and most of the broth poured into the footwell of the van. Ugh!! I left a little soup in the driveway of the Dalebout's house when I picked up Cameron. (Sorry Stacie!) I left a little soup in the parking lot of the bank when I dropped off Gavin. (Sorry Chase Bank!) I left a lot of soup in our driveway when I cleaned out the car. It was yuck. The boys ate what was left of the soup for a midnight snack tonight. They really liked it!

The knives look dangerous, but they were using those dull, pumpkin saws to cut the vegetables. Most of them wouldn't cut and I ended up cutting a large portion of the vegetables.




The finished product.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Very impressive! And no worries, I didn't notice the soup in the driveway. I just feel badly that you spilled it in your car!

Related Posts with Thumbnails