NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Sunday, December 16, 2007

I got myself as secret santa. I was supposed to tell somebody, but I didn't.

Our family is being Secret Santa-ed by two separate groups/people/persons this year. Chris' company has been struggling financially pretty severely for about a year and he finally closed in August. Since about January we have been living on pretty much na-da. Financially, this was the roughest year that we have ever faced. (Things are looking up. Chris found wonderful employment in November.) However, everywhere I look I see blessings from Heavenly Father. Some small, some gigantic, all appreciated. The latest are our two Secret Santas.

One Santa brings us a gift every day. The gifts coincide with "The Twelve Days of Christmas." Here's what we have received so far:

1st Day: Beautiful bowl of pears "Partridge in a PEAR tree"
2nd Day: Bag of Dove Chocolates and Ben and Jerry's "Turtle Soup" ice cream. "TURTLE DOVES"
3rd Day: Gift Card for McDonalds to buy French Fries "FRENCH HENS"
4th Day: 4 books all having to do with birds in some way "CALLING BIRDS"
5th Day: Connect-o-Round Game "GOLDEN RINGS"

Today is day 6 and I'm not sure if the 12 inches of snow we are still receiving is going to stop Santa today. We will wait and see.

The other Santa dropped off a box of beautifully wrapped gifts, numbered 1-12. The letter said we should open one gift a day. Here's what we opened so far:

A lovely "Polar Express" Santa Ornament
Snowflake Window Clings
A boxed set of Christmas Movies including: "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer," "Frosty the Snowman" and many others.
A box of 64 crayons and 5 coloring books.

These sweet acts of giving bring tears to my eyes every time I think of them. Someone out there knows we have struggles and wants to lighten our burden. This morning, I was cooking breakfast and listening to Christmas Carols and tears just streamed down my face as I pondered all the ways our family has been blessed this year. Thank you, Secret Santas! I love you.


The kids loving the coloring books and crayons this morning.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails