NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Friday, December 21, 2007

Puke? That's a funny word. Can I use that?


Yesterday was Christmas cookie baking day! Anna and I went to my friend, Jodi's house to bake various treats and have fun together. Anna was making cookies within cookies which ended up being very yummy. I made some date bars and Hungarian pastries. Jodi was making an apricot/white chocolate fudge that looked so good! We weren't even half-way done when I got a phone call from the elementary school. Calvin threw up in his classroom and needed to be picked up. Such a bummer! So we packed up our half-done stuff and left. I had to finish my Hungarian pastries at home. The recipe for these delectable cookies was given to my mother by our next door neighbor growing up. She was Hungarian. She made them every Christmas and I can remember being so excited when she would knock on the door with the plate of cookies for our family. They are so great! They come apricot or walnut filled. The ones I made yesterday are good but not as good as Ann Gasser's. Hers reign supreme. She also used to make great Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage. As I child, whenever I heard her pressure cooker whistling through an open summer window, I knew there would be stuffed cabbage for dinner. She would always bring some for our family. I have that recipe too and it is one of my very favorites. Enjoy the pictures of my cookies because that's all I have to share. The cookies are going fast!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails