NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now"


Just a few things I've been thinking about...

I don't have our Christmas decorations up yet. What kind of a person am I? Today, I went to the library and drove down the most beautifully decorated street. Each house had a tree inside lit up. Most had lights outside. It was picture perfect. I don't like to decorate early. I'm sorry. I like to do it on my birthday, which is Thursday. Sometimes it makes me feel like a freak for not having it done before the crack of dawn on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Oh well...I'll get there.

On a more positive note, I have done 90% of our Christmas shopping. I know this is going to sound astonishing, but we are giving everyone on our list the exact same thing. Everyone on the list from Chris' brother to his mom to our nieces and nephew will all love what they get. How is to possible that all genders and all ages will love the same thing, you ask? I'm not telling 'cause one of them might read this and then the surprise will be spoiled. I'll tell on December 26.

Would everyone please go and rent "Christmas Vacation" and watch it? I quoted it in my Sunday school class this week and they all looked at me like I was an alien. (It fit with the lesson, I promise!) I said, "Christmas Vacation, you know, with Chevy Chase?" They had no clue about the movie or even who he was. Made me feel a million years old. I came home and IMDBed it and, duh, it came out before they were BORN! I felt even older. Anyway, it's a great movie for laughing and Christmas. Go get it.

Spencer had Anna bring Baby Lucy for his show and tell yesterday. It was very sweet.

I love being a visiting teacher and having visiting teachers. This was the greatest idea ever.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

That was an enjoyable post. :o) I'm very curious to know what your Christmas gifts are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails