NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Sunday, December 16, 2007

I'm cute! I'm CUTE!

Last night, we watched "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" as a family. It is a very strange holiday movie. Poor Rudolph and his family are ridiculed by other reindeer and Santa himself for a birth defect that couldn't be helped. To quote Santa, "Donner, you should be ashamed of yourself." Poor Rudolph and family, made to feel like outcasts because of their sons deformity. I hate Santa at that moment. Little Hermey is an interesting character. He wants to be a dentist. We knew someone in our student ward that looked just like a grown up Hermey. He was our Sunday School teacher and Chris would mutter under his breath to me, "I want to be a dentist" all through class. Funny thing is, the guy is a dentist now. I'm pretty sure that Hermey needs to be on the same shelf as the Gay Elves. (See previous post.) The island of misfit toys is quite disturbing. I want to know what the elves were smoking that made the train with square wheels, the squirt gun shoots jelly and the dolly that may or may not be a cross dresser. In spite of it's oddities, or perhaps because of them, this is still one of my all time favorite Christmas movies.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails