NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Friday, December 5, 2008

And in this country it is not only permissible to question our leaders it's our responsibility!

Dear President-Designate Obama, (Technically you are not the President-Elect until the Electoral College casts their votes on the 15th)

Well, you got me. I almost drank the kool-aid you were peddling.

I was ready to buy in. I listened to your acceptance speech and watched your cute little girls and I started to like you. I heard what sounded like common sense coming from your mouth. And I'm a sucker for a man with dimples. And Oprah was crying. Who can resist it when Oprah cries?? I started to get annoyed when I would hear Rush and Sean still ripping you to shreds after the election.

To set the record straight, I did not vote for you. I knew you were pro-choice, which is my test of a person's character. Deep down inside, I knew you couldn't possibly be a man of character if you were unwilling to protect our nation's most innocent citizens. But you energized me. I wanted to see what you would do.

And then you started doing. After your announcement of your intention to appoint Hillary Clinton to the office of Secretary of State, my momentary lapse of good political judgment was over. In my opinion, Hillary Clinton and her morally bankrupt husband are the worst examples of role models and leadership that our country has encountered in my lifetime. Perhaps even longer. Allying yourself and your administration with the dregs of the Democrat Party makes me question every comment, every promise, every smile you made during this election.

Thankfully my Obama-induced coma is done. Hillary Clinton and her lying, cheating husband are the reason why I and many Americans distrust politicians. They have done nothing in their political careers to inspire trust. They have, however, brought oral sex to the forefront of mainstream media and helped countless youth believe that it isn't really sex. They are just fantastic.

Congratulations, Mr. Obama, you did just what they said you would.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Vos

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails