NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Friday, December 12, 2008

WHO STOLE MY SUCKING THING? I NEED MY SUCKING THING!



Lizzie turned two months earlier this week. It's hard to believe that she has been with us for two months. Sometimes it feels like two days and sometimes it feels like she has always been here. She is such a little joy! She gives the sweetest, shyest smiles especially for Auntie Anna. She coos a bit, too. She is always studying us, giving us the most inquisitive looks. She weighed in at 9lbs. 10 oz. at her check up. This is only one ounce less than Calvin weighed at birth!

I'm still sleeping with her in my bed most nights. I'm having a hard time breaking myself of the habit. I do wish she would love her binkie a little more than she does. She's not completely hooked on it. If she wants her thumb, I say go for it. Right now the only form of soothing she is completely sold on is being held and rocked and snuggled.

I'm a big fan of the binkie and the thumb. When Emily was born, she took to the binkie right away. She was such a good baby and pretty much gave it up by the time she was 9 or 10 months. Christopher had a harder time taking to a binkie. I tried and tried to get him to take one. It wasn't until he was about 6 weeks that he really took to it. And took to it he did. He could not be without it. When he got older, he would carry two or three around with him. He had to have spares when he went to bed. When we decided that 3 was too old for a binkie, Chris took all the binkies away and the poor little guy had to go cold turkey. I was a little softer and kept sneaking binkies to him in his bed. I was found out and finally all the binkies were confiscated.


Christopher attached to his binkies.

Calvin wasn't quite as attached as Christopher but I tricked him when it was time to ween him off. I cut the binkie and when he tried to suck on it he said it was broken and threw it away. That was the end of the binkie for him.

Spencer is my first thumbsucker. He never took the binkie and started sucking his thumb around 6 weeks. He would use one hand to hold in the other hand and sometimes looked like he was playing a trumpet. He is still sucking...I'm still a softie. Cameron is another binkie boy and sometimes carries around a container of binkies. He loves them. The only binkie that Lizzie will even consider taking is the ugliest binkie. I think it looks like she has a flying saucer on her mouth. Maybe she will transfer to the thumb.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails