NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Monday, November 24, 2008

All they found of him was a muddy set of prison clothes, a bar of soap, and an old rock hammer, damn near worn down to the nub.


You might remember this post from last week. It wasn't one of my better days and I'd like to re-address part of it. I still cannot keep Cameron in his new big boy bed. Someone help me with some ideas of how to keep him in bed. Here's what I've tried:

1. Putting a child-proof door opener thing on the knob. He picked it off in about 3 minutes and was out.

2. The door has a keyed lock. I tried locking him in. He figured out how to unlock the lock and was out.

3. Threats of spankings, promises of treats, laying there for a while with him...he still comes out.

Last night at 3:15 AM, he arrived in my bedroom saying, "I'm out!" and then proclaimed, "I lost my sock." He roamed around the house for about 45 minutes eating animal crackers and bugging the sleeping big boys until he finally fell asleep in a chair. According to Christopher, he tapped him on the head for a while telling him to "Get up, Fer(His name for Christopher.)"

I can't do this every night! I'm thinking of putting a baby gate over the doorway to keep him in. I did that with Christopher when he was that age. Christopher, however, figured out how to get over it and I think Cameron will do the same thing.

Why can't he just stay in his bed!!!!???? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails