NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Saturday, October 27, 2007

I don't think your parents will ever ask me to babysit again.

Emily babysat last night until around midnight. This morning I asked her how it went and she said fine but she was embarrassed because she feel asleep and the parents had to wake her up when they got home. She was so worried that the mom was mad at her for falling asleep. I was quickly reminded of an experience of my own babysitting and falling asleep. I was probably 14 or 15 and I was babysitting on a Friday night for a family. I was getting ready and trying to decide whether or not to wear a certain light yellow sweater. I decided against it and left. I babysat for their three monsters (they really were) and it got late and I dozed off. I was awakened by the parents when they returned home. I got up a little disoriented and gathered my stuff, including a yellow sweater that I was certain was mine. The parents kept trying to take it away from me, but I insisted and I left with it. I guess I was still half asleep. When I woke up in my own bed in the morning, I arose and saw this unfamiliar yellow sweater laying on my floor. I couldn't place it for a moment and then uh-oh, I knew. I had taken home the husband's sweater from babysitting the night before. I was absolutely humiliated. I had to return the sweater to them at church on Sunday and they snickered. They thought it was hilarious and I do too, now. At the time, I was horrified that this had happened to me. My children are so lucky to have a mom with an unending supply of embarrassing experiences to make them feel better through their growing up years.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

That's hilarious.

Tell Emily that I feel asleep while babysitting and the parents had to wake me up when they got home as well. The real problem? The kids were still awake! Oops.

Related Posts with Thumbnails