NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Sunday, October 14, 2007

I Love Lucy!!

Saturday, the 13th, we had a baby shower for Anna and baby Lucy. It was wonderful! It was hosted at Kristen Gough's home in Canton. Everyone wore pink to honor baby Lucy. So many people, special to Anna and Lucy, attended including: many of her co-workers from Baby Baby, many friends from Plymouth Ward, special high school friends, three special Toledo friends and family including Marta--Anna's mother-in-law and Carol, Jamie and Morgan. I was so touched that our friends from Toledo came all the way to be there. Jenni McKarns, Debbie Short and Diana McVicker were special friends of our mother and touched both of our lives in one way or another. When they entered the house, a warm feeling came over me and I knew that our mother was there with us too. I am so thankful they came.

We had some light refreshements. Thank you to everyone who contributed! We played two games. I just love shower games and had a hard time narrowing down the choices. I finally settled on a purse scavenger hunt. Everyone had to dig through their purses to find items from a specific list. Points were awarded based on what they had. It was really funny! Someone had a foil ball in her purse! Next we played a game identifying TV shows based on the names of the children from the show. That was fun too!

Anna literally had a mountain of presents to open! She got so many cute outfits and pink things. Some of my favorite things she got were: the crawling pants from Kristen Gough, the outfit from Debbie Short, the outfit from Esther Rogers, the travel system from Carol and the homemade blankets from Margie Freeman.

When she was opening presents, we assembled a beaded necklace full of pink beads for her to remember the day by. Everyone put on two beads and made a wish for Anna and Lucy. The necklace turned out to be very beautiful.

This is one of the best events I have ever been to. The only low spot was that Emily was sick and unable to attend. Luckily, our aunts are throwing a shower for Anna next weekend and I'm sure Emily will be fully recovered by then.

I am thankful for this day. I love Anna and Lucy with my whole heart!!

You can view more photos at: http://picasaweb.google.com/PCNMSF0708/2007_10_13PlymouthShower

Anna and the monkey blanket



Anna and her friends from Baby Baby


Anna opening presents, Me, Jamie, Morgan and Marta looking on

Anna and her necklace

Me and Anna


Give me a break, even the duck is a princess!!!


Never seen Anna so happy.


She's surrounded!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi!!!!! Anna's shower was really a thrill to see some one so excited.......I don't know who was more excited...Anna or Jennifer!!!!What fun to see two sisters sharing a precious time together!!!
Life is a blessing!

Carol Vos

Related Posts with Thumbnails