NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Yeeeee Haaaaa!


My friend, Jodi, turned me on to a great stunt you can do in your car on Lilley Road. Apparantly, this stunt was performed by her mother in their 12-passenger van many years prior and Jodi passed the secret on to me. Today I gave the trick a try on our way home from Ikea, where Emily bought a desk for her room with her babysitting money. Here's how to do the trick: Approach from the south on Lilley Road headed north towards Joy. When you take the curve around the airport, you need to notice what the stoplight at Joy is doing. Today it was red upon approach, so we put on the flashers and waited for green by the side of the road. When the light goes green, pull back into traffic and floor it to 90. Actually just 40 unless you want to get pulled over. But, it will feel like 90. Then go through the light going 40 and wham! you'll hit a small bump in the road. Makes you feel like you are airborne. I think Calvin in the last seat of the van actually left his seat. It was better than any Cedar Point ride. I felt like I was in "The Dukes of Hazzard" and should have been singing the General Lee song. The kids loved it and were all clapping and cheering. It gives a great rush and I recommend everyone run out and try it. I don't know if it works as well in a smaller vehicle. If we are ever together and you want the thrill of your life, we'll head down to Lilley and Joy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails