NOTES FROM THE BURROW

NOTES FROM THE BURROW

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Our First Real Campout

The Vos Family had a new experience on Saturday with our first every family camp out. I know that seems really lame that we haven't camped before, but I thought I didn't like camping. Surprise! I do like it. It was loads and loads of fun! We went the el cheapo but most fun route by camping with the Heiners on their expansive property. Friday night we arrived, set up the tents and the kids ran around and had fun. We had a great fire in their fire pit. We cooked hotdogs over the fire and also roasted marshmallows for s'mores. It was soooooo much fun. The kids all slept together in one tent with the exception of Cam who slept in the nearby house. Chris and I slept in one tent and Aaron slept in another. Jodi had to really rough it in her bed because Cam needed someone in the house with him. :) In the morning, we had donuts and more s'mores for breakfast. It was so yummy! We took the stuff down and went home. I haven't been so tired and so stinky in a really long time. It was great fun and I'll have pictures for you to see soon.


Cameron with Donuts in one hand and chips in the other. The breakfast of champions.








My marshmallow is burnt.










It feels good to be clean again. For five minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails